Sunday, March 20, 2011

MEETING FREDDIE ROACH AND AMIR KHAN (Part 1)

I tell a lot of things to myself. Yes, I talk to myself so deal with it. Hahaha! No I am not crazy. It's more like a pep talk. Like, "Angelika you will lose that stubborn 5 pounds" or "Angelika, you will meet Freddie Roach someday." 

Guess what!! I DID!!! Wow!! I know, I'm such a fan like that. The best things in life are free right? Wow, I still can't believe I met FREDDIE ROACH and world champion boxer AMIR KHAN!!! Oh this is going to be a long blog so I might have to chop it off in parts because my husband is giving me "the look" (all married women know what look I' talking about). 

Over a year ago I started boxing as my chosen form of exercise. I have tried it a couple of times before on and off but never really as dedicated as I am now. I'm trying to live a healthier lifestyle and so far so good. I was working full time in Makati and it was very convenient that my boss' sons had a boxing gym across our office: PLANET JUPITER!!! Boss' son/s became friends of mine and my leaving their company was in good terms. I get to drop by there for their grilled tuna sandwiches and yummy coffee anytime I want. Hehehe!

Boss' son knows I'm a huge fan of the Pambansang Kamao and anything that has to do with him!! Boy am I grateful that he asked me to visit his gym 2 weeks ago to meet Freddie Roach himself AND AND AND.... watch him train AMIR KHAN for his fight in April 16. They have chosen to train in PLANET JUPITER while they stayed in Manila. 

I brought my husband with me who is also a huge fan!! We are tied at the number one spot. I thought it was going to be a simple meet and greet and get some autographs BUT I AM ONE LUCKY GIRL!!! I will tell you more about what happened in my next post!!! 

You can all enjoy these photos, for now. I know some of you may be jealous... Hahahaha!

I was trying to keep my cool here...

Roach watching Coach Mike stretch Amir Khan.


Finally got a photo opportunity. 


Roach and I gossiping about some hollywood celebs (he has juicy gossips).


Jason Soong (gym owner) discussing business with Roach.

"ANGELIKA, YOU WILL MEET MANNY PACQUIAO SOMEDAY!"

No comments:

Post a Comment