Sunday, February 20, 2011

YUMMY LAOAG

Over two weeks ago my friends, husband, and I went to Laoag for a site visit. A potential architectural design project gave us the opportunity to experience the city and we are not disappointed! Let me share with you some new things you should try when you visit the city of Laoag in Ilocos Norte.

You have to try their EMAPANADA!!! 




Your empanada can be ready in about 3 minutes. It is filled with cabbage, egg, longganisa, and you can add some papaya if you want.  Here is how they make it in Laoag:




More food!!!

Pinakbet with tomato sauce

Pooki-Pooki (Consists of egg, eggplants, onions, garlic, tomatoes...like torta)

Bagnet

KBL (Kamatis, Bagoong, and I forgot the L but its yummy with Bagnet)

Krispy Dinuguan

 Pansit Dinuguan

Longganisa (garlic flavored all meat, almost, longganisa)

After all those tasty meals it's time to make a stop over at a famous bakery for some sweet treats.


Biscocho made two ways soft and toasted

I love Spanish bread...Imagine it like this! Fully loaded!! Oh yummy!!

This one doesn't melt in your mouth rather it disappears in your mouth! All you are left with is the memory of its sumptuous taste! More please!

You haven't seen it all yet! I will post all the fun activities we did in Laoag soon!! I gained a few pounds there. but it's ok. It was all worth it! I even brought home Bagnet, longganisa, and their famous black vinegar! Ooohh yummy!!







1 comment:

  1. Nice of you to say good things about our food in Ilocos, Angelica! Thanks!

    I just want to share and inform you that the empanada can be made without longganisa for vegetarians.

    Good times!

    ReplyDelete